Friday, November 22, 2019

What Are You Sure About? (A Seriously Write Blog)


As you get older, you spend more and more time thinking. I guess it’s because you realize you have more years behind you than what lies ahead.

Often, it’s about the things you could have done, but for some reason, never did. Like for me when I was in high school, I wish I would have known I could have stood on the sideline of a football field, held a clipboard, and wore a headset while I followed around a great college coach, to learn from him and eventually be ready to tackle that profession on my own. But I’m too old now.

Other times, we think about the things we did that we wish we could have or would have done differently. There are too many things for me to list here. Suffice it to say, hindsight is always 20/20, and even if I had it to do all over again, middle and high school would not be on that list. I do remember, though, my dad urging me at the age of eighteen to set aside twenty dollars a week and sock it away for retirement, come thick or thin, drought or plenty. More when you can. No less than that during the down times. Had I followed that advice, I’d have a minimum of $41,000 saved right now, and that doesn’t include the interest that would have accrued over all these years.

At other times, we think about the things you wish you would have started sooner. I wish I would have pursued my writing career sooner. I had the itch for years, but for whatever reason, I never pursued it until I was in my forties. Better late than never, I guess, but I often wonder how far along I’d be in my writing career if I had started sooner.

Do you do this? Take these little strolls down Memory Lane?



To read the remainder of the blog, click HERE!




No comments:

Post a Comment