Wednesday, May 9, 2018

My Second of Three Author Interviews by Lena Nelson Dooley


Honored again to answer more questions about life and writing with multi-award winning author, Lena Nelson Dooley.

Here's an excerpt:


Besides when you came to know the Lord, what is the happiest day in your life?
Wow, that’s a hard question, because there are really four days that fit that bill. First and foremost was the day I married Cindy Lawson. At the age of eighteen, we were young and in love, and most people said it wouldn’t last. And although we’ve been through our fair share of trials (at times it seems unfair), if it wasn’t for our relationship with God, we would have been another negative statistic about marriage by now. Satan has definitely been at work. But as I heard it stated once, “The general never tries to destroy his own troops. He uses them. So, if old Lucifer is attacking you, he must see your good works and wants to derail them, or he expects you to do good things, and never wants those to get off the ground.”

The second, third, and fourth happiest days of my life were when our three daughters were born. And because we have endeavored to raise them to love God and follow Jesus, that’s reason enough for Satan to be upset. He hates it when we help increase the numbers of God’s family.

That is so true. How has being published changed your life?
Well, it’s added about 30-40 hours to my work week…that already had 40-50 hours spoken for as an assistant principal (currently at a middle school). J Joking aside, it’s given me so many wonderful friends who do the same thing. It’s also changed the way some people look at me. Some people think I’m nuts for wanting to write anything. Others see it as “cool.” They ask all sorts of questions about “what it’s like to be a published author.” At writers’ conferences, when I mention that I won a Selah award, agents’ and editors’ ears tend to perk up a little more. But through it all, I’m still the introvert who forces himself to “get out there” and promote his work in a publishing world that seems to change with the wind these days.


To read the rest, click HERE!





No comments:

Post a Comment